ASP Nuke
>
Member Login
Username
Password

Don't have an account yet, register now it's free!
I forgot my password

Article Search

Message Forums
ASP Nuke  (221/420)
ASP Development  (12/22)
SQL Server Development  (5/12)

Suggestion Box

Have a suggestion on how we can improve this application?

Please send us your suggestions, we would love to hear what you have to say!

Help ASP Nuke

Help support "ASP Nuke" and free software by donating now

Task List

ASP Nuke Tasks:

SQL Server Development

Discuss Microsoft SQL Server database development with other software developers. Ask questions and get help on your programming project.

Sorry,
No
Picture
wacko2
Help -with MySQL
Saturday, November 06, 2004
e-mail . edit . reply
I am trying to "hook up" Nuke but am having a problem hooking to the MYSQL Database.

Here is the problem

quote:
FAILURE!!!

Database connection string is invalid, database error is

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (-2147467259)

value: "odbc;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.23.58 Driver};DSN=aspnuke; OPTION=3"

Where would I get this information. I know it is coming from my global.asa file but am not sure where I would get this information from. I wrote to my 3rd party host to ask them if they had the information, but got a message back saying that if I wanted help for my "custom programming" they would charge me $75.00 an hours. Shouldnt they have to give me this as Im sure there are different drivers for different versions of MYSQL??? All they did was give me a link to read and that to me didnt help any.

http://www.mysql.com

Here is the global.asa program

quote:
Const asaConnectionTimeout = 500
Const asaCommandTimeout = 1000
' use the following for a MySQL database connection string
Const asaConnectionString = "odbc;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.23.58 Driver};DSN=aspnuke; OPTION=3"
' use the following for a SQL Server database connection string
' Const asaConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;server=127.0.0.1;driver={SQL Server};uid=******;pwd=*******;database=wackos;"

Obviously I changed the uid and pwd so I know that isnt the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry,
No
Picture
wacko2
RE: Help -with MySQL
Monday, November 15, 2004
e-mail . edit . reply
Nevermind I found out that my Host gave me the worng server url. It was a total different #

Bone heads

Regards,

Wacko2
Sorry,
No
Picture
cboath
RE: RE: Help -with MySQL
Monday, January 17, 2005
e-mail . edit . reply
I have this same problem. However in the case above, wouldn't the ip, name, password in the global.asa file be irrelevant? Isn't that line commented out for MySQL? Isn't it just reading the

Const asaConnectionString = "odbc;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.23.58 Driver};DSN=aspnuke; OPTION=3"

line?

Here's the response i get trying to run the setup1.asp:

Database Configuration Test
This script must be run on your web server where ASP Nuke is installed and must be stored within the folder where your web site was installed.

Success!!!

Your connection string has already defined (Application("adoConn_ConnectionString"))

Resave your root-level web configuration file (global.asa) to clear the cache

Found database connection string in global.asa file!

Database Connection Test
Connecting to the database and making sure that the database is empty. Please be careful about installing ASP Nuke onto a pre-existing database server.

FAILURE!!!

Database connection string is invalid, database error is

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (-2147467259)

value: "odbc;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};DSN=mysql_dbname; OPTION=3"

--------------------------------

i'll admit i changed the DSN to the name of my database (which maybe isn't right) - but it didn't work with aspnuke in it either. Don't know if it matters, but i'm also running another mysql db on the same site. Anything you can do to help point in the right direction here would help a lot.

Thanks!
Sorry,
No
Picture
cboath
RE: RE: RE: Help -with MySQL
Monday, January 17, 2005
e-mail . edit . reply
I guess i should also add i'm trying to do this on an account located on ipower.com

I have the ability to create my own mysql db's. I'm thinking i just have to figure out how to make a proper connection string to get going.
Sorry,
No
Picture
Citizen
RE: RE: RE: RE: Help -with MySQL
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
e-mail . edit . reply
I have MS SQL Server and I have the same problem, how can I correct global.asa?

Post Message   Topic Overview   Forum Overview

FAQ

Web Links
Download
Sponsors

Poll

What's Your Favorite Browser?

Mozilla Firefox
Internet Explorer
Netscape
Safari
Opera
Other

View Results . Archive

Other Languages

Join the language translation project  to translate ASP Nuke into other languages

Hit Counter
Total page views since
Sept 19, 2003

Valid CSS!
Valid HTML 4.01!

I only regret that I have one life to lose for my country. -- Nathan Hale   
© 2002 Orvado Technologies, All Rights Reserved - Site Map - CSS - HTML - 46.8750 msec